Hammer & Tong 412 @ Fitzroy, Melbourne

HEY MY UNICORNS!! I'm back!! Exams ended a week ago!! I survived but I'm not too sure about my papers though...still constantly praying to God that I can pass ALL OF THEM!

I didn't have much motivation to do anything major apart from lazing around at home. The only productive thing I did was going to work haha :p (don't get me wrong I LOVE MY JOB, not whining here by any means)

Anyway, the main topic today is BRUNCH!

Eating brunch is becoming a trendy trend that is trending now. Perhaps it's more like THE IN THING compare to clubbing, which to me, the ultimate good girl in hiding, is actually a good thing :p

Last Sunday, Erica, Alanis and I decided to have brunch together since we hadn't met up in a group for nearly 2 months!!! We used to see each other every single day last time :'( Alanis said that she heard about a famous brunch place at Brunswick called Hammer & Tong, so we went all the way there!

Waited for nearly 20 minutes in the cold wind to get seated because the place was so crowded and it's pretty small. To some extent, I don't even consider that as brunch already, thanks to my babe Alanis, we arrived there at 2.30pm == That's literally late lunch >< BOO! However, there was still hell lots of people T__T






The interior of the shop.


Erica and Alanis ordered hot chocolate. 4 dollars each.





There's my babe in action HAHA

I took a sip from Alanis's glass, and I was quite thankful that I didn't order it because I think I can make a better one at work myself ;)



Our food took quite some time to be served :/ That's why we decided to take selfies first.


I found these flasks really cute. Maybe I should do the same at my home too xD



The soft shell crab burger~ This is what Hammer & Tong is famous for. I seriously love this to the max. Unlike those beef or pork or chicken or fish burgers, this is a really nice twist.

12 dollars for a burger? Honestly I did NOT regret this! A must try if you are at Hammer & Tong!



Some duck egg with oyster sauce mushroom and garlic bread thing...I can't exactly remember the name. 18 dollars. Both Alanis and I thought that it was pretty much a rip off because the duck egg tasted exactly like normal chicken eggs. Tiny pieces of garlic bread with the mushrooms, but the mushrooms were cold with the sauce and it made it pretty disgusting once you've ate more than 2 bites.


Erica's buttermilk lamb, goat's cheese pannacotta, onion rings, sorrel, eucaplytus & apple gel (22 dollars). I didn't try this out so I can't justify...but I do know one thing...It's really little :p

Overall, I think Hammer & Tong is rather overrated, except for the soft shell crab burger which was really really nice. I don't think I will be going back there again unless some random day when I suddenly crave for the soft shell crab burger.

Nevertheless, thanks to Hammer & Tong, I made my virgin trip to Fitzroy. Could've walked there from my house though...it wasn't that far away. Shouldn't have wasted the 5 dollars on tram >< Felt like an idiot!

Thank god we did fully utilize the trip by taking quite a lot of random photos while making our way back ^^











Ending this blog post with my #ootd shots taken by Alanis.

That's the end for today. I promise I will blog more frequently to make up for my MIA month HAHA :p

ps: I just realized Hammer & Tong has the same birth date as me! haha! 12th of February!

Hammer & Tong 412

Address:
Rear 412, Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065

Opening hours:
Tue-Sat: 7am-10pm
Sun: 8am-5pm

Contact Number:
(03) 9041 6033

Website:
www.hammerandtong.com.au

Facebook:
Hammer & Tong 412 (here)

☮ Quote to share:-
Happiness is a really deep harmonious inner satisfaction and approval ~Francis Wilshire



Facebook: Fionism

Twitter: MJandOri4eva
Instagram: mjandori4eva
Dayre: Fion Paris
Tumblr: mjandori4eva
Youtube: xplee94
Email: fionism@yahoo.com

 KEEP SM:)LING

3 comments

  1. Niceeee! That soft shell crab burger so special!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you had a good time at Hammer & Tong! Will check it out when I visit Melbourne next time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. alo admin blog, sudi tak baca artikel baru saya? hehe

    Apa Itu Fungsi CTRL+F untuk blog?
    http://www.budakblogspot.com/2014/06/apa-itu-fungsi-ctrlf-untuk-blog.html

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Fionism . Theme by STS.